Wednesday, June 9, 2010

II Peter 1:5-8

"For this ver reason, make every effort to ad to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge; and to knowledge self-control; and to self-control, perservance; and to perservance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness, love. For IF you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they willkeep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our LORD Jesus Christ."


God is GOOD and His continued presence in our lives continually amazes me! I find myself more and more grateful for the way that GOD shelters our community, for the way He provides for us through HIS beautiful people, for the way He brings JOY through the giggles and pitter-patter of little feet! I am GRATEFUL!

This passage of scripture has been our focus this year in Brigada (youth group) and each time I read it I am challenged. Challenged to make effort in my faith, challenged to not grow weary in doing good, challenged to pursue knowledge as as for a hidden treasure, to call my thoughts and actions into obedience thus expressing self-control....I am challenged to be KIND...to truly LOVE my brothers.....I am convicted and empowered to journey on striving for all these...


"Then I looked up-and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand! I asked, 'Where are you going?'
He answered to me, "To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is." Then the angel who was speaking to me left, and another angel came to meet him and said to him:
RUN, tell that young man, 'Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of men and livestock in it. And I myself will be a WALL of FIRE around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be it's glory within.'" Zechariah 2:1-5

As I think of the events of the past weeks around our world and specifically here in Guatemala I am reminded of this BEAUTIFUL passage of scripture. Here at Casa Bernabe we have experienced the presence of the LORD expressed so mightily in HIS WALL of FIRE around us, sheltering us and protecting us time and time again! With the earthquake, volcano and tropical storm there was great potential for an affect an our lives and the life of our minsitry BUT GOD in HIS mercy has so sheltered us!

We covet your prayers for the community that surrounds us and for the nation we serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of the most amazing parents in the world, the sister of four amazing women and mother of the most amazing "little man" on the planet. My son Estefan and I are preparing to answer God's invitation to join the work He is doing at small orphanage in Guatemala. On June 22, 2009 we excitedly resumed our role as Discipleship Coordinator and Social Worker.

Lov'n Life!