Friday, July 3, 2009

Hearts of service....

Each week the women who serve the children of Casa Bernabe take a moment to share in worship, prayer and the breaking of God's word. As I sat in the corner watching these precious women, I was astounded and amazed by their strength, their hearts of service and their love for oneanother. As a part of this weeks moment together we had the opportunity to wash eachother's feet. As we washed we prayed over eachother, wept over eachother and we left that place changed. Refreshed, renewed and recharged to serve the children with passion, with hope and with energy!

We have several amazing teams here right now....and they too have been so amazing! Our family enjoyed a moment of worship last night with one of the teams and I was greatly impacted by the lyrics of one of the songs that they sang...Take me in...I am going to write the lyrics below and pray that as they challenged my heart that they will both encourage you in your times of personal worship and challege you as you serve those in your community.

Take me past the outer courts
and through the Holy Place
Past the brazen alar
Lord I wanna see your face
Pass me by the crowds of people
And the Priests who sing their praise
I hunger and thirst for your righteousness
But it's only found in one place

take me into the Holy of Holies
Take me in by the blood of the Lamb
Take me into the Holy of Holies
Take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am. (Kutless - StrongTower)

When our children look to us may they see imperfect servants of a Holy God in constanst pursuit of purity, holiness and more of Him! More of His presence!!!

Please continue praying for us! We are glad to be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of the most amazing parents in the world, the sister of four amazing women and mother of the most amazing "little man" on the planet. My son Estefan and I are preparing to answer God's invitation to join the work He is doing at small orphanage in Guatemala. On June 22, 2009 we excitedly resumed our role as Discipleship Coordinator and Social Worker.

Lov'n Life!