Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thoughts from under the rain...

There are those weeks, you know the kind...when it seems like emotionally, spiritually and mentally it's just one storm after another. I'm quite sure that's where the phrase, "when it rains it pours" comes from. Well it's been one of those months it feels like! And today I'm actually writing from under the rain...literally! It's been raining non-stop for a while now but over the past few days the rain has been long and hard. It's come down so hard infact that it burst right through my roof and joined me on my bed! We're talking buckets! And there was really nothing I could do about it! Except cry! So many leaks in my roof that there was no escaping it! No place to move the furniture...no way out! Thankfully today God sent a solution and for the moment our roof is holding under the pressure of the rain. But the whole experience has got me thinking....stay tuned for a future blog on this subject.

Stefan and I have started the 4th grade and let me just say, it's a whole new ball game! This year we felt so ready and we are just stunned at the difficulty of the material. Between video instruction and homework, school is at least a 10 hour day! Stefan and I are learning alot about eachother, our weaknesses and our need! In all of this I've been thinking about what it means to be a parent, the ups, the downs, the unexpected failures and the unmerited successes! I've relied more on the Spirit of God in the past three weeks in relation to parenting than I have in a long time and it's been so amazing to watch Him move among us...granting me patience and eyes to see....giving Stefan steadfastness and a willingness to learn. When we lived at Texan Hall we felt so blessed materially! We lived in this amazing 3 bedroom cottage and just enjoyed life. Our kitchen had a table...thanks Phyllis Salamy! Our porch had a table and those tables provided the awesome opportunity to fellowship together as a family! But in our one little room here we've struggled to implement our normal family traditions! And I had no idea how this was affecting Stefan. This past week we've begun to put our closet together which has provided extra space, we bought another chair and now are enjoying meals around a table....and what a difference that has made! We've laughed so much and that has truly brought healing and rest to our busy, busy lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of the most amazing parents in the world, the sister of four amazing women and mother of the most amazing "little man" on the planet. My son Estefan and I are preparing to answer God's invitation to join the work He is doing at small orphanage in Guatemala. On June 22, 2009 we excitedly resumed our role as Discipleship Coordinator and Social Worker.

Lov'n Life!