Friday, December 18, 2009

Reflections....

I continue to learn so much from our children. It's funny, lessons just come in the silence....

Stefan and I have been reading through Matthew forever! It seems we'll never finish this book but everytime we open the WORD there is a serious WORD for our family. In the midst of reading I've been pondering all that Jesus came to do....the work of restoring us, a broken, hopeless people to a Holy God through perfect redemption on the cross.

Two weeks ago as I watched a little boy struggle to adjust, to accept love and grace in our home he spit on us, rejected our love.....
The Spirit of God has revealed to me so much through that experience. I cannot imagine the scorn, the rejection, the pain that Jesus felt as He bore up all my sin. As He was spit on, mocked, beaten and ultimately crucified so that I (we) could experience COMPLETE restoration....He willingly redeemed me (and all who would receive) at a price that is higher than I could ever imagine. How often do we, even those of us who "believe" reject Christ through attitudes and actions? I cannot tell you how much that spit in my face has caused me to think of all that Christ did to bring me life, and life more abundant. It has caused me to examine deeply....

I read a prayer the other day and it seems to be right in line with all that God is teaching me right....you can read it and be challenged by it at www.jmm.aaa.net.au

As we continue to ponder the time that God has granted for us to advocate for these little lives we ask that you would partner with us in prayer. That God would guide us in wisdom, that He would overwhelm us with a spirit of discernment and that our hearts would be willing to do exactly as He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of the most amazing parents in the world, the sister of four amazing women and mother of the most amazing "little man" on the planet. My son Estefan and I are preparing to answer God's invitation to join the work He is doing at small orphanage in Guatemala. On June 22, 2009 we excitedly resumed our role as Discipleship Coordinator and Social Worker.

Lov'n Life!