Thursday, November 19, 2009

Did your mommy and daddy leave you too?


Yesterday I was visiting the houses on our campus stressing the importance of dental hygiene with our staff when I noticed a new little one laying on the sidewalk in the sun. He looked at me and said,
"When you were a really little girl did your mommy and daddy bring you to this place and leave you here too?"
I wondered what was going through his mind in that moment? Rejection, feelings of abandonment...loneliness?

We had a long conversation about life and in the end he's still convinced that I too am an orphan and that I continue to live with my house-parent in the big green house. And you know I am okay with that because in a way it's true. There was a moment when I found myself in need of "forever" and in grace and mercy my Heavenly Father swooped in, satisfied that need and adopted me into His "forever" family.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the Heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In LOVE He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption..."
Eph. 1:3-7a

Please pray for these precious little ones as they wrestle....pray for healing to rise up in the most profound places. Please pray for the adoption situation in Guatemala, that God in mercy would impart wisdom to those in the highest positions in government as they make decision that will affect this generation and generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of the most amazing parents in the world, the sister of four amazing women and mother of the most amazing "little man" on the planet. My son Estefan and I are preparing to answer God's invitation to join the work He is doing at small orphanage in Guatemala. On June 22, 2009 we excitedly resumed our role as Discipleship Coordinator and Social Worker.

Lov'n Life!